Steam is energy medium, so measuring steam flow is actually measuring a flow of energy.
In the same way that other energy flows are metered (e.g. gas, oil and electricity), measuring the steam flow to an entire factory allows trends in energy use to be established, making it easier to identify opportunities for cost and carbon savings
Identifying areas where energy could be saved will enable companies to focus their efforts to reduce operating costs by using energy more efficiently.
It helps to determine the direct efficiency of boiler.
Vortex meters function on the Karman Vortex Shedding principle, which involves the generation of vortices in flow of fluids after impact on a bluff body placed in the flow path. The frequency of generation of these vortices is directly and linearly proportional to the velocity of flow
Features of Flow Meter:
- Steam density changes with its pressure. The steam flow meters are provided with the density compensation to measure the steam flow accurately even at the fluctuating steam pressures.
- Very reliable PT1000 sensors are used to measure the temperature of the steam, from which the pressure & density is derived.
- Steam meters are constructed in complete SS body which ensures long life.
- Steam meters work with high turn down.
- Sensor used in the meter is capacitive type which is robust & highly reliable.
- It has no moving parts.
- Little resistance to flow.
Need of Milk Measurement
A major international dairy equipment manufacturer with products ranging from bulk cooling tanks to automated milking systems needed to measure the flow of raw milk from the bulk storage to the each process section and management of the finish product was seeking a cost-effective, high performance Sanitary flow meter to do the job.
We offer very reliable highly accurate sanitary flow meters for the milk measurement which works electromagnetic principle.
The operation of a magnetic flow meter or mag meter is based upon Faraday's Law, which states that the voltage induced across any conductor as it moves at right angles through a magnetic field is proportional to the velocity of that conductor.
Features of Flow Meter:
- Highly Accurate, accuracy +1% on measured value.
- No moving part
- Sanitary end connections, tri clover type.
- No pressure drop across meter
- Not sensitive to vibrations
- Simple installation & quick commissioning
In normal flow meters the CIP (Cleaning-in-Process) flows adds up into the milk flow readings & misguide the user.
There are many different configurations and designs for CIP process, but a general Principle applies - cleaning is done without removing process components through flushing the system with cleaning agents and Hot water.
So, During the CIP flow may get counted in the meter and will generate misguided data.
We offer temperature base isolation system this will work on the media temperature, in this case system will self diagnose the media and isolate the CIP readings from milk flow readings.